Huntington's Disease Specialist (Ayrshire & Arran)
- Douglas Grant Rehabilitation Centre, KA12 8SS
- £31,615 - £34,976 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 18 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Region: Ayrshire & Arran
Base: Hybrid working model-home and office based
Salary: £31,615- £34,976 pro rata (pay review pending)
Are you an experienced health or social care professional who has a passion to improve the quality of life and experience of those living with a neurological condition? Then this challenging and extremely rewarding role offers the opportunity to share your expertise, develop your clinical practice and work with a team of like-minded individuals who support the Huntington’s disease community.
You would join our Ayrshire & Arran Service as a Huntington’s Disease Specialist, in a role funded by NHS Ayrshire & Arran Health and Social Care Partnerships.
About the role
Our Huntington’s Disease Specialists facilitate quality care for those impacted by Huntington’s disease and their families throughout Ayrshire & Arran. You will focus on case management, specialist assessment, anticipatory care planning, and coordination of support. This requires partnership working with, and signposting to, appropriate professionals/agencies. Previous experience of working with Huntington’s disease is desirable, however full training will be provided.
- You will have an allied health profession, nursing or social work background and current professional body membership.
- You will be a skilled communicator with good listening and inter-personal skills.
- You will be enthusiastic and motivated to have a positive influence on the quality of life of the individuals on your caseload.
- You will have a current UK driving licence and access to a car.
- You will have extensive experience of managing the conflicting priorities of a complex, community-based caseload.
- You will be able to demonstrate your ability to work autonomously as an integral part of a small team.
We are open to applicants with a wide range of experience. Applicants who consider themselves to have relevant experience over and above that requested in the Job Description may therefore apply.
Scottish Huntington’s Association is the only charity in Scotland dedicated exclusively to families impacted by Huntington’s disease, a devastating hereditary, neurodegenerative condition that causes severe and complex physical, mental and cognitive symptoms. There are currently 800 people in Scotland with symptoms of Huntington’s disease and a further 3200 believed to be at risk of developing the condition.
The successful candidate will join Scottish Huntington’s Association at an exciting time as we implement Standing Tall: A Strategy for Growth 2023 – 28 to transform the care and support for Huntington’s families throughout Scotland. We are an ambitious and hard-working organisation, recognised at national and international levels for our expertise and approach.
What we offer
- Salary of up to £34,976 per annum (pro rata)
- 18-hour working week
- Generous 32 days annual leave plus 5 fixed public holidays on appointment (pro rata)
- Increasing annual leave days to recognise long service (after 5 years)
- Contribution pension scheme
- An extended and thorough induction period with ongoing commitment to your training and CPD opportunities
- A flexible, hybrid approach to work
- Regular, clinical supervision
- Attention to facilitating peer support with the HD Specialist team throughout Scotland
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Linda Lucas (Team Leader) on 0141 848 0308.
Closing date for applications: Monday 12 June 2023
Interview date: TBC