- Dundee, DD1 4NY
- £42,954 - £47,505 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager to join our Programme Management Office. This is a 12-month initial contract to lead an exciting new programme of work to support the Executive Management Team and Head of Human Resources to deliver a pay and grading review.
Your role will be to deliver the programme and report progress to the Programme Governance Group of the CEO, Council members and trade union representatives. You will ensure all the strands of the review are pulled together and interact effectively and that communication with stakeholders is exemplary.
As the Programme Manager you will be responsible for coordination of the programme’s projects and management of their interdependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. You will oversee multiple project teams, making sure we meet programme goals whilst guaranteeing overall integrity and coherence of the programme. You will develop and maintain the programme environment to support each individual project within it.
Who we are
We are the independent regulator for social service workers in Scotland. Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social work, social care and early years services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce.
We protect the public by registering social work, social care and early years workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct, we can investigate and take action.
What you need to succeed
- Demonstrable experience in successfully applying recognised programme management methodologies with an in-depth knowledge of at least one core set of methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience of leading complex, strategic, transformational programmes across multiple business areas.
- Ability to think analytically, to deal with detail and to extract and present relevant information concisely.
- Experience of building and maintaining constructive partnership and collaborative relationships.
- Experience of managing change and delivering similar transformation programmes where it is critical to make sure staff continue to feel engaged and motivated and morale is maintained whilst demonstrating organisational values.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills with demonstrable experience of creating and delivering programme communication plans both internally and externally.
Why work for us
We are an ambitious, enthusiastic and supportive organisation. With around 300 employees, you can really make an impact here. We offer a generous salary, flexible working arrangements, a full range of benefits, local government pension scheme and up to 43 days holiday (dependent on service). Please note new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range.
You can find out more about the benefits of working here on our website.
Our office is in Dundee but, during COVID-19, this role is home based until we don’t need to physically distance. We encourage remote working and support a less office-based format even after restrictions are lifted. We are developing our agile working policy and are happy to discuss individual arrangements and consider agile working as an option, depending on job requirements (such as being in the office for training events and meetings etc) and meeting the eligibility criteria determined by the new policy. We welcome applications from candidates outside Dundee and the surrounding areas.
How to apply
You’ll find more information in the job profile and person specification.
To apply, please complete the online application form by 8.00am on Monday 31 January 2022. We expect to hold interviews on 10 and 11 February 2022. Invitations to interview will be sent on 4 February 2022. Please contact Lesley.Small@sssc.uk.com if you would like an informal chat or have any specific questions about this role.