Tenant Participation and Engagement Officer
- Local project in South Lanarkshire, and based within the TIS Head Office in Glasgow, G2 3BZ
- £34,434 - £36,153 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The Tenants Information Service (TIS) has an exciting opportunity for a Tenant Participation and Engagement Officer to join our team – focused on the South Lanarkshire Tenants’ Development Support project.
- Job title: Tenant Participation and Engagement Officer
- Salary: £34,434 - £36,153 (per annum)
- Hours: 35 per week
- Location: Local project and based within the TIS Head Office in Glasgow. TIS embraces a hybrid working model and as such, staff are expected to work from home and office when appropriate.
- Contract term: This post is funded for a fixed period until 31st May 2024. There may be scope for an extension of the project beyond this period.
- Closing date: Thursday 30th March 2023 at 5:00pm
TIS is seeking a Tenant Participation and Engagement Officer to build on the success of the South Lanarkshire Tenants’ Development Support project, and ensure tenants are at the heart of consultation and have a meaningful role in shaping South Lanarkshire Council’s housing services.
The post will be responsible for providing development support, information, and advice to tenants and communities throughout South Lanarkshire to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, and resources to participate fully.
The ideal candidate must have experience of working with community or tenants’ and resident’s groups, knowledge of housing issues, and a commitment to tenant participation, engagement, and scrutiny.
The role of Tenant Participation and Engagement Officer includes:
- Developing, delivering, and monitoring a project work plan in partnership with tenants, communities, and South Lanarkshire Council to meet the agree aims, objectives, and timescales of the project.
- Identifying good practice in the housing service and areas for development.
- To assist tenant and resident groups in their involvement in community planning and engagement.
- Empowering and supporting individual tenants, tenant and resident groups, and the wider community to develop digital confidence.
- Supporting the Council, tenants, and communities to develop good tenant participation and scrutiny practices.
For further information and to apply, download the recruitment pack and application form from the job attachments below. Or alternatively, visit http://tis.org.uk/current-vacancies/.
If you have any questions relating to the role, please contact TIS Development Manager, Stephen Connor at: SConnor@tis.org.uk or 07950 158 621.
TIS is the leading organisation promoting and inspiring innovative tenant participation, engagement, and scrutiny practices in Scotland. We deliver independent advice, training, and support to tenants, communities, and housing organisations to work together to influence housing policy and practice.
As a national membership organisation, we represent over 240,000 homes from across our housing organisation membership community alone. Our team is committed to supporting tenants, communities, and housing organisations to work together to create effective solutions and services.
The aim of TIS is simple – we want to change social rented housing in Scotland for the better.