East Lothian Council
Working at East Lothian Council
Our people are our greatest asset and our workforce plays a pivotal role in providing East Lothian residents with the very best services. With more than 4800 employees working in very diverse roles, we are passionate about attracting, developing and retaining people who can help make a difference across local communities.
You could help play an important part in delivering our vision for an increasingly prosperous, safe and sustainable East Lothian, with a dynamic and thriving economy that enables our people and communities to flourish.
Small enough to feel like you really belong, and large enough to provide a diverse range of opportunities and experiences. If you’re passionate about delivering fantastic customer service and demonstrating pride in your work, we’re sure you will find East Lothian Council an employer you are proud to work for - where you can build on your talents and thrive.
We value individuality - with an open and inclusive working culture where everyone feels comfortable to be themselves. We focus on maintaining an inclusive and collaborative work environment where we respect people’s differences. We’re committed to engaging, enabling and energising our people by creating opportunities for all, helping them to realise their full potential, supporting wellbeing and rewarding high performance.
We know there’s a lot more to life beyond work! We offer a wide range of benefits:
- for certain roles we offer: 1.flexible working hours that fit in with the demands of family life and 2.ad hoc and contractual home-working
- maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
- access to a good pension scheme (with an employer contribution rate of 22.6%)
- a tailored learning and development plan to suit your needs
- 32 days of leave per year (including public holidays) rising to 39 days leave - after five and ten years of service
- the option to buy up to five additional holiday days per year
- opportunities to be involved in sports, social and fundraising activities
- access to our Cycle to Work Scheme
- money saving discounts
- salary sacrifice for cars
- health and wellbeing offers
- access to the HSF Health Plan
- employee assistance programme
With a range of diverse roles on offer, it’s an exciting time to be joining East Lothian Council. Interested? We look forward to receiving your application!
For further information on working for East Lothian Council visit our ‘Working for Us’ pages on the East Lothian Council website.