Children's Service Worker (Access Team)
- Hamilton Drive Centre Hamilton Drive Elgin Moray, IV30 4NN
- £27,068 - £27,628 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 24 hours per week
This position has expired.
As a Family Support Worker you will partner with children, young people and families under the direction of their social worker. The support you provide will be in the family home and local community and based on a non-judgemental and supportive relationship that understands the unique needs of the family you are supporting.
The aim of your support is to listen to families and help them to achieve better life chances and experiences in ways that are identified in their plan. In addition to provide the support the family needs at a time when this works best for them.
To partner with children, young people and their families to promote the family’s well-being under the direction of the family’s social worker
To provide support to families within their own homes and enable them to connect with their communities
To provide support to families flexibly and when they need it
To advocate for the needs and rights of the children and families that you work with.
To understand and work with situations of risk and up to date guidance that impacts on the daily lives of the families we work with
- Previous experience of working with people/families in their own homes or in a professional setting
- Educated to HNC in Childcare OR equivalent demonstrable experience with children & families and willingness to work towards a relevant qualification.
- A willingness to undertake training as identified.
- An ability to work alone without close supervision.
- A working knowledge of Word, Excel Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Ability to remain focussed
- Able to communicate well verbally and also when necessary in writing
- Ability to record and maintain case records
- Self-confident and self-motivated.
- Can adapt to new situations
- Effective working knowledge of managing a household and bringing up young children and an ability to share this knowledge.
- The ability to build trust, motivate and encourage
- Effective liaison with others
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Participate in regular structured supervision
- You will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Moray to meet the operational requirements of the Service. Due to the rural nature of Moray, this is normally undertaken by use of a car/van.
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and gain the confidence of staff and form productive working relationships with families, colleagues and other professional staff.
- Capacity to make decisions under pressure and to manage change
- Appreciation, acceptance of and a commitment to the importance of confidentiality
- Calm, patient and non-judgemental attitude.
- Solution focussed
- Willingness to accept direction/ delegation
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs and demands of the service Ability to work in an open plan/shared office.
- Capacity to handle stressful and demanding situations for both the child and family
Closing Date: 3 February 2023
£27,068 pro rata
£14.36 per hour
24 hours per week
Amy Dougall 01343 554370