- Elgin High Edgar Road Elgin Moray, IV30 6UD
- £33,703.80 - £36,700.95 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 21.75 hours per week
- Effectively develop and manage the services and resources of the school library resource centre.
- Work in partnership with teaching and other appropriate staff to support curriculum delivery and the learning and teaching process.
- Develop and deliver library, learning and information services.
- Support curriculum delivery and learning and teaching.
- Initiate and promote information literacy and readership development.
- Contribute to service developments in a positive professional manner.
- Ensure professional development.
- Contribute to appropriate ICT applications in respect of library, learning and information needs.
- Ensure adherence to agreed quality systems and efficient and effective administrative and financial procedures.
- Working with children/young people of High School age.
- Working in partnership with teaching and support staff.
- Promoting literacy.
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma in library and information studies.
- Knowledge of management.
- Decision making.
- Organisational/events planning.
- Administration & monitoringof budgets.
- Experience of administration.
- Well organised.
- Communication with pupils on an individual or group basis.
- Knowledge of young people's literacy & numeracy needs.
- Knowledge of appropriate national guidance on quality assurance such as Libraries Supporting Learners.
- Knowledge of Curriculum for Excellence.
- Knowledge of school library services stock.
- Experience of ICT applications.
- Knowledge of learning & study skills initiatives.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of all staff and pupils.
- Effective liaison and involvement in school initiatives.
- Effective written and oral communications.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances.
- Effective training/coaching.
- Commitment to high standards of service and achievement of results.
- Ability to lift, carry and shelve books.
- Ability to arrange tables, chairs and shelving units.
Closing Date: 16th June 2023 - ONE WEEK CLOSING DATE.
Starting Salary: £33,703 (pro rata)
£17.88 per hour
21.75 Hours per week
For further information contact: Elgin High School, 01343 545181