Primary School Support Assistant, Collace Primary School
- Collace Primary School, Kinrossie, PH2 6HU
- £9,262 - £9,743 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 18.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Primary School Support Assistant (Fixed Term until 13 August 2023) - PKC09843
£9,262 - £9,743 (18.5 Hours per week, Term-time only)
Collace Primary School
As our Primary School Support Assistant, you will:
- Assist in promoting and raising the standards of children’s experiences through the provision of quality support in school; providing pastoral support to the children by carrying out any specific role below at particular times depending on your deployment in the school.
- Provide a general reception service, receive visitors, issue visitor cards and deal with enquiries from the public, both in person and on the telephone. Pass on relevant information or refer caller/visitor to appropriate source.
- Operate reprographic equipment, collate and issue print materials.
- Support the wider life of the school e.g. special seasonal events, organisation of parents’ evenings and prize giving.
- Assist with management and maintenance of resources across the school.
- Supervise children in and out with school premises during learning times, intervals and lunchtime.
- Assume specific responsibilities in agreed and planned procedures for emergencies.
- Build good and trusting relationships with children and adhere to child protection and equalities legislation.
- Attend to the personal needs of the children and assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and hygienic environment.
- Provide support for children with specific health or medical needs where appropriate.
- Provide first aid as required to children and staff.
- Provide comfort and care for minor accidents, ailments or upsets, cleaning the pupil of excess body fluids or waste.
You may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time depending on the requirements of the Service without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibilities entailed.
Experience of working with children.
Good organisation and administrative skills.
You must be able to use ICT including Word & Excel for a variety of purposes.
Promote active learning and play experiences.
Ideally you will have experience of working with children with additional support needs.
Ideally you will have knowledge of child protection issues.
Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a primary school.
The ability to communicate effectively with children, colleagues and parents verbally and in writing.
You will have a flexible attitude to sharing duties.
You must be willing to work indoors and outdoors.
You will be committed to the wider life of the school.
You will contribute to the performance and good reputation of the school by achieving team objectives and priorities.
You will demonstrate personal commitment to tasks and objectives, routinely delivering a first class service to all customers.
You will demonstrate a willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
You must be able to work independently and use your initiative.
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Diane Johnstone, Head Teacher on 01250 871420.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
At PKC our values and behaviours influence our work and support us in the delivery of the Perth and Kinross Offer. In your application, and should you be invited to interview, you will be asked to describe situations that support the criteria required in the role and which also demonstrate our values and behaviours. Find out more about PKC and you could soon be joining our team!
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland Jobs, careers and employment.