- Upper Floor Montfield Burgh Road, ZE1 0LA
- £13.13 - £14.93 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 7 hours per week
The Administration Support Worker will be based in one of a number of settings and will provide a range of administrative support to a locality or team(s). A degree of flexibility will be required, to meet the demands of the service.
There may be considerable contact with customers, families and carers who will have varying degrees of need to which the postholder will be required to respond as appropriate.
This vacancy is being advertised as a Career Graded post, which is a career development opportunity. This means that the Council is committed to supporting the successful candidate to obtain the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge to become fully competent in the role. Please see the Career Grade document attached to this advert that outlines the entry level requirements for the job and the expected career progression route. The successful candidate will be supported to become fully competent in the role and progress through the career grade. Where there is a requirement to achieve a qualification, this will be fully funded by the Council.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E/F/G
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3161 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 7.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Montfield, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Elaine Laurenson, Team Leader, on 01595744390 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here
src="https://www.myjobscotland.gov.uk/uploads/SSSC%20Logo.png" alt="" width="500" height="156">