- Kirkton Service Centre Lister Road Kirkton Campus Livingston, EH54 7BL
- £25,732 - £27,146 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per year
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Building Services are looking to recruit a qualified Builder who will work closely with colleagues within the service and other service areas to ensure the day-to-day maintenance or large-scale refurbishment of both housing and non-housing stock within West Lothian. The post holder will be expected to fulfil the job outline responsibilities/current tasks for the position of Builder either by working as part of a team or on their own.
The Builder is responsible through the Team Coordinator, for delivering the repair and maintenance services in maintaining the Council’s Housing and Non-Housing property portfolio. This involves carrying out repairs and maintenance in their primary wet trade but also carrying out additional wet trade duties.
Do you have?
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent customer service approach
- Effective time management skills
- Confidence and ability to work with a minimum of supervision
The skills and experience you must have:
- Must have satisfactorily completed a recognised apprenticeship in a Wet Trade including Plastering, Bricklaying or Roofing.
- Have a high level of health and safety awareness.
- Working Knowledge of relevant statutory regulations, standards and codes of practice.
- Good communicator with good customer care skills.
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
If you feel you are the correct person for this post and have the appropriate skills, knowledge and qualifications suited to the application then please apply
- Provided with ongoing training, enabling you to progress in your career.
- Entitled to discounts at over 90 local businesses and over 1000 nationwide.
Given access to the local Government pension scheme as well as attractive working hours, accompany this post