- Whitehill Service Centre 4 Inchmuir Road Whitehill Industrial Estate Bathgate, EH48 2EP
- £29,062 - £32,443 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
On offer is, you will become part of our highly skilled service team, receiving specialist training and an excellent work-life balance.
Fleet Services are recruiting a fleet technican who will have a great opportunity of a varied role which will see you working on a wide range of plant & agricultural equipment in our in our new state of the art workshop at Whitehill Service Centre Bathgate and to strengthen our existing team.
You will work 36 hours week; overtime working may be required at peak times.
You will receive 26 days annual leave, and 7 public holiday a year and access to the council’s excellent pension scheme and employee benefits scheme which provides discounts at over 90 local businesses and over 1000 nationwide.
To support the council’s commitment to a healthy workforce we offer employees access to a range of specialist advice and support through an employee assistance programme.
The key duties of this post are:
- Working under the general supervision of the Senior Foreperson(s), the post holder will be responsible for carrying out general repairs and maintenance of a wide range of vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Ensuring that all vehicles/plant are maintained and inspected to manufacturers recommendations and DVSA inspection standards to ensure roadworthiness where required.
- Preparing all vehicles and plant including golf course equipment to a high standard.
- Attend breakdowns where repairs may be required to be carried out at roadside or on sites and the use of a vehicle will be available for this purpose.
- To carry out inspections on auto electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems to identify faults and where possible and undertake repairs.
- You will be required to assess work to be done from a defects sheet and submit requisition to stores for parts as required.
If you have the following skills and experience we would love to hear from you:
- Time served Plant Mechanic (City & Guilds Scotvec Level 3) or similar experience
- Driving licence essential
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements including HAVs
- Proactive in identifying ways of improving service provision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and establishes effective working relationships with customers, contractors and other employees in the team
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- They must be confident in their abilities, be able to perform machine diagnostics and repairs independently out on site as well as working with our other engineers in the workshop environment. A basic knowledge of online parts identification systems.