Gas Engineer, Kirkton Service Centre, 464.25, Internal Applicants Only
- Kirkton Service Centre, Lister Road, Kirkton Campus, Livingston, EH54 7BL
- £29,062 - £32,443 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged
Building Services are looking to recruit a highly motivated time served Gas Engineer to join our existing team.
Responsible for the routine servicing, repairs and installation of gas appliances and systems in accordance with statutory requirements within all council tenancies and properties.
Responsible for the routine servicing. commissioning, repairs and installation of gas appliances and systems in accordance with Gas Safety and Use Regulations within all council tenancies and properties. Ensuring that all aspects of the servicing, commissioning, repairs and installations are carried out to the required standards, in accordance with the relevant health and safety specifications and taking appropriate action to address any faults or failures.
Ensuring that all repairs are carried out timeously and in accordance with agreed standards. Advising manager when appliance is not suitable for repair and recommending alternative options.
You should be passionate about customer care, Health and Safety and take pride in the quality of your workmanship.
There are many benefits that will be available to you within this post:
- You will be provided with a full uniform including footwear.
- You will be eligible to participate in our Local Authority pension scheme.
- You will receive a monthly tool allowance to allow you to maintain your personal tools.
- You will receive ongoing training to help enhance and develop your existing skills enabling you to maximize your full potential.
- You will work a 9 day fortnight working Monday to Friday (36hours) and have a Rota day off every second Friday.
Interviews will be selected and appointed by the Recruiting Manager.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY