Supply Social Care Support Worker, 463.46
- Various Locations in West Lothian, EH54 6FF
- £11.55 - £11.81 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- 1 hours per week
We are currently looking to recruit to our casual staff bank. You should note that hours will not be guaranteed and successful applicants will be placed onto a casual bank and will be contacted to cover shifts as and when required.
Applications will be processed as they are submitted
The requirements for shift cover, are Mon-Friday late shifts and weekends which would include early shifts & late shifts.
Applications will be processed as they are submitted.
The key duties of this post are:
- To assist the Social Care Practitioner in the provision of direct personal care and support to meet the needs of older people within a care setting;
- To contribute to the care planning process for residents in consultation with other staff, ensure that care practice is non-discriminatory and that residents’ personal beliefs and preferences are appropriately acknowledged.
- You should be aware of and responsible to the needs of older people with mental health problems, e.g. dementia, provide for the personal care, support and emotional needs of older people requiring residential care.
- You will provide a service compatible with professional social work practice and within the policies, procedures and standards set by the service.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- An awareness of the needs of older people with mental health problems, e.g. dementia, provide for the personal care, support and emotional needs of older people requiring residential care.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC. If you are already registered with SSSC you will be required to add West Lothian Council to your account
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.