- Location: 45 Victoria Street, AB10 1UX
- Rate: £17.00 per hour pro-rata
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 28 hours per week
This position has expired.
Aberdeen for a Fairer World (AFW) wishes to appoint a Global Learning Advisor, working in its education section, the Montgomery Development Education Centre (MDEC).
Hours: part-time, up to 0.8 FTE (fewer hours will be considered, please indicate this in your application).
Pay: £17.26 per hour (FTE equivalent for 35 hours per week, £31,413,20 per annum).
Fixed term, until end July 2021 in the first instance, continuation dependent on further funding.
Professional Learning for teachers: promoting, arranging and delivering training courses and offering advice which supports schools and teachers to deliver high-quality Global Citizenship Education as part of Learning for Sustainability under the Curriculum for Excellence, and reporting progress to funders.
Local Advisor to schools/clusters: providing support and advice to schools/teachers seeking to form international partnerships and apply for funding through the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning (CCGL) programme, run by the British Council and funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO): connecting-classrooms.britishcouncil.org, promoting the programme and reporting to funders.
· Understanding of and commitment to global justice issues
· Experience of designing and delivering training sessions and interactive workshops, ideally including online
· Ability to manage own work, meet deadlines, report on progress and manage multiple tasks
· Excellent communication skills (including written) and ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Creative approach to work, including promotion of activities and maximising engagement
· Good IT skills and experience of using social media for professional purposes
· Flexible approach to work, including travel across NE Scotland and some evening/weekend working
· Access to a car and a full driving licence
Note: although currently working remotely and delivering professional learning and conducting meetings online, we anticipate returning to our office base and to visiting schools as soon as restrictions allow.
· Experience, knowledge and understanding of the Scottish school education system and curriculum
· Experience of delivering global citizenship education in schools
· Experience in project design, project management and the development of funding applications
· Experience within the voluntary/third sector
For further information, including a detailed job description, please email Paula Merchant, Coordinator: email@example.com
To apply, please email your detailed CV and a covering letter, to Dr Geraldine McNeill, HR Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 9 November 2020
We anticipate that interviews will be held during w/c 23 November 2020
Aberdeen for a Fairer World is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applicants should be prepared to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Aberdeen for a Fairer World
Scottish Charity Number SC014585
45 Victoria Street, Aberdeen AB10 1UX