- North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- £23,234.90 - £24,864.05 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Actual Salary: £20,956.90 - £22,425.46 per annum
We are seeking an enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated person to assist with the delivery of a high quality library and information service in the College libraries. This post is based at Aberdeen City Campus. This role will require a degree of lone working.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with people, have good customer service skills and confidence to deal with college staff and students.
Ideally you will have experience of working in a Library or Information Centre.
You will have experience in the use of a range of computer systems and applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and have a minimum of 3 National 5 Qualifications or equivalent, as well as evidence of professional development.
In addition, it is desirable you hold the European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) or equivalent first level qualification in IT, although not essential.
The applicant will have the flexibility to provide cover at other College Campuses.
The College encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
- A minimum of three National 5 qualifications or equivalent or SCQF Level 5
- *European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) or equivalent first level qualification in IT;
- Evidence of commitment to continuous professional development.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of working in a library/learning resource centre;
- Previous experience in a customer service environment;
- Experience in the use of a range of computer applications.
- Strong knowledge of customer care;
- Knowledge of web based information resources:
- Current knowledge information skills;
- *Knowledge of library classification systems.
- Digitally literate;
- Good organisational skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent customer care skills;
- Able to work to deadlines;
- Basic problem solving skills;
- Numerate, accurate and methodical.
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement;
- Enthusiastic and proactive ‘can do’ approach;
- Able to relate to staff and students;
- Well organised and able to follow procedures;
- Able to develop positive working relationships;
- Able to prioritise work under pressure
- Commitment to College values and equal opportunities;
- Able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post.