- North East Scotland College Aberdeen Altens Campus Harness Road Altens Industrial Estate, AB12 3LE
- £35,170 - £43,357 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Lecturer in Electrical Installation (L681)
Full Time/Permanent/Altens Campus
Salary: £35,170.00 - £43,357.00 per annum
The North East Scotland College (NESCOL) is one of Scotland’s leading Colleges of Further and Higher Education and we are looking for an experienced Electrical Installation Engineer to join our team to support the teaching of its practical level courses. In addition to delivering practical courses you will be required to deliver a number of theory based units to a diverse range of learners.
The campus is well resourced to deliver a first-class learning experience with a well-balanced mix of general and computer based classrooms, laboratories and training workshops.
As a lecturer you will contribute to shaping the future of engineering including renewable energy engineering. Within your specialism, you will be responsible for the preparation of materials and assessments, supervising student work and contributing to the development of electrical based programmes.
Candidates should as a minimum hold an HNC in Electrical Engineering and have successfully completed an electrical apprenticeship. Industry experience is a strong advantage and previous teaching experience is desirable as is an ability to teach across broader engineering disciplines. In addition, you should be a well-motivated individual with good communication skills who is able to supports colleagues and work effectively with a team. A strong learner-focus and an awareness of the engineering requirements of industry are essential.
Experience of teaching is not essential but you will be contracted to obtain TQFE (Teaching Qualification in Further Education) once employment has commenced if you do not already hold a relevant teaching qualification
NESCol is a disability confident employer. We offer a variety of working options in line with business requirements and place great importance on staff wellbeing. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The closing date for applications will be 28 September 2023.
Interested? Want to know more?
Most posts within North East Scotland College are classed as regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate for a role identified as regulated work will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
- Working knowledge of Electrical Installation Engineering Systems
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to develop and use appropriate learning/teaching/training materials
- * Knowledge and/or experience of the use of online learning materials
- *Degree, HNC or equivalent qualification (SCQF Level 8) or relevant professional qualification in Electrical Installation Engineering
- Up to date experience in Electrical Installation Engineering
- * Teaching or training experience
- * Teaching qualification (TQFE or equivalent)
- * Assessment experience
- * Assessment qualification
- * ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence)
- * GTCS registration
- Effective team player who actively supports others
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with students and colleagues
- Prioritises work effectively
- Meets deadlines
- Personally well-organised
- Evidence of commitment to equal opportunities
- Own practice reflects good health and safety practice
- Has undertaken mandatory staff development (if internal candidate)
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
- Driving Licence
- *Willingness to use own vehicle for business purposes.