- North East Scotland College Aberdeen Altens Campus Harness Road Altens Industrial Estate, AB12 3LE
- £35,170 - £43,357 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic person with industry experience and a passion for teaching who are keen to pass on their highly developed skills and knowledge to our Engineering students.
The ideal candidate should be qualified to degree or equivalent level in Mechanical Engineering and and have relevant industrial experience including workshop experience.
Experience of teaching and motivating learners to succeed would be an advantage.
If you are a highly effective team player who has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with students and colleagues we want you to come and join our team.
You should also be willing to work towards a TQFE (Teaching Qualification in Further Education) once employment has commenced if you do not already hold a relevant teaching qualification.
NESCol is a disability confident employer. We offer a variety of working options in line with business requirements and place great importance on staff wellbeing. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
- Degree or equivalent qualification (SVQ Level 9) qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- *Working Knowledge of CAD
- *Teaching qualification (TQFE or equivalent)
- *Assessment/Verification qualification
- *ECDL (European Computer Driving License)
- *GTCS registration
- Up to date industry experience in Mechanical Engineering
- *Mechanical Engineering workshop experience.
- *Teaching or training experience
- *Assessment experience
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Engineering at technician level.
- *Knowledge and/or experience of the use of electronic learning materials
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to develop and use appropriate learning/teaching/training materials
- Computer literate
- Effective team player who actively supports others
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with students, commercial clients and colleagues
- Prioritises work effectively
- Meets deadlines
- Personally well-organised
- Evidence of commitment to equal opportunities
- Own practice reflects good health and safety practice
- Has undertaken mandatory staff development (if internal candidate)
- Evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
- *Driving Licence and willingness to use own vehicle for business purposes.