- RGU Garthdee, AB10 7GJ
- £29,619 - £31,411 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at RGU for an outgoing and innovative individual to join our Fundraising and Alumni Engagement team. The purpose of the University’s Fundraising and Alumni Engagement Office is to strengthen and grow the RGU Family to help Robert Gordon University transform people and communities. As part of the wider Economic Development function, the team also helps to stimulate and support growth across the region and further afield.
The post of Alumni Engagement Officer is a varied position, focussing on providing all our graduates with the very best opportunities to stay connected and get involved. With no two days the same, you will be one of the main contacts for our graduates with a key responsibility for the ongoing delivery and expansion of engagement opportunities. Supporting the Head of Fundraising and Alumni Engagement, you will work closely with the University’s Schools and key departments.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with experience of networking, managing events, and project management, to be part of a growing team. Educated to degree level and/or with significant experience, you will be a team player with first-rate organisational skills and a proven track record of relationship management.
In keeping with RGU's commitment to work/life balance you will have the opportunity to work from home for a portion of the working week and also benefit from a generous pension scheme, 46 days annual leave (including statutory days) an onsite nursery and sports centre, as well as a range of voluntary health and travel benefits.
Salary on first appointment is normally to the bottom of the scale, although in exceptional circumstances an appointment further up the scale may be considered.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a covering letter, through myjobscotland, detailing your suitability for the role against the requirements set out in the person specification.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Fundraising and Alumni Engagement
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No supervisory responsibility
PURPOSE OF THE POST: To establish relations with graduates of RGU by delivering and expanding a range of opportunities for them to stay connected and get involved with the University.
• Primary contact for all alumni enquiries
• Liaise with the University’s schools and departments to deliver and expand programmes which alumni can get involved
• Support the Head of Fundraising and Alumni Engagement to introduce an engaging programme of alumni activity including webinars and events
• Work with the Alumni Engagement Officer (Communications) and Digital Content Developer to create engaging content for the wider alumni audience
• Work closely with the Fundraising Development Manager and Scholarship and Finance Administrator to further develop alumni giving
• Work with the Administrative Assistant for Fundraising and Alumni Engagement to ensure all alumni enquiries are processed in a timely manner, to identify new leads and opportunities, and to ensure our alumni records are up to date and GDPR compliant
• Develop alumni volunteering activity such as alumni mentoring, overseas alumni champions, and involvement in RGU’s community engagement activities
• Expand alumni engagement activity to include graduates of RGU’s overseas partnerships
• Support the Head of Fundraising and Alumni Engagement to introduce a tailored programme of activity for our early career graduates – those who have graduated withing the last five years - in collaboration with the Careers Service and Business Development
• Work with colleagues within the Business and Economic Development team to promote short courses, upskilling and entrepreneurship opportunities of interest to alumni
• Support the Head of Fundraising and Alumni Engagement with growing the RGU Family by helping to introduce new programmes such as a parent and family programme
• Provide regular reports and updates on alumni engagement to the Head of Fundraising and Alumni Engagement to pinpoint trends and highlight any issues arising and make any recommendations to ensure alumni engagement objectives are achieved.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of alumni engagement-related policies, systems or processes.
Qualification and professional memberships
• Educated to degree level and/or with significant experience
Knowledge and skills
• An understanding of further or higher education and the challenges facing the sector
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent team working approach, with a friendly and positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Experience with CRM system
• Experience of working collaboratively within a team and with external partners
• Experience of organising events
• Experience delivering projects from start to finish
• Experience delivering presentations to a wide range of audiences
• Evidence of strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Track record of successful communications within a diverse cultural environment
• Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
Qualification and professional memberships
• Membership of a relevant professional body
• Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and the associated NetCommunity CRM tool
• Understanding of Data Protection and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• Practical experience working in an education environment specifically related to fundraising or alumni relations
Behaviour 1: Communication – Ability to receive, understand and convey information requiring careful explanation and information of a complex or conceptual nature, in a clear and accurate manner
Behaviour 2: Service Delivery – Experience of exploring and adapting a service to meet customers’ expectations and also identifying ways of improving standards
Behaviour 3: Decision Making – Experience of using on judgement to make decisions, making collaborative decisions with others to reach conclusions and providing advice or information that will influence the decisions of others
Behaviour 4: Liaison and Networking – Experience of circulating information in an accurate and timely manner, working across team boundaries to build and strengthen working relationships and leading and developing internal networks to pursue a shared interest