- Aberdeen Woodhill House, Westburn Road, Aberdeen , AB16 5GB
- £45,607 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
ABOUT THE JOB
Applications are invited for the role of Compliance Manager working within the Estates Transformation Team. This is a key critical role in the implementation of the Estate Strategy as we initiate the transformation and re-shaping of our Estate across Scotland, and as it fundamentally shifts from a predominantly “standalone” Estate to one that is largely co-located with our partners.
The post holder will work alongside the Estates Change Managers, Design/ Delivery and Co-location/Disposals Teams ensuring full compliance on all new and existing projects, including co-locations/collaborations, refurbishments, housing upgrades, and new builds within the Estates Strategy implementation programme. The post holder will also work closely with the Estates Projects, FM and H&S teams to ensure that compliance is achieved and maintained across all Business As Usual (BAU) activities of our existing property portfolio.
The post holder will support the department by providing operational management, documentation, record keeping, monitoring and statutory compliance services relating to the management, maintenance and development of the Estate. They will also assist in the implementation of a comprehensive and consistent compliance strategy that moves from the delivery of a variety of technical tasks and functions to a strategic service that is forward-thinking, cost effective, best value, performance driven and fully integrated with other Estates Department teams and Police Scotland functions.
- Be educated to Degree level or equivalent and/or professionally qualified in Construction Management or a related discipline with the ability to demonstrate relevant experience
- Hold NCRQ Diploma, NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Have proven experience in a similar role delivering complex, cross functional compliance, preferably within a large and complex organisation
- Have extensive knowledge of current building legislation and technical standards e.g. CDM, Equality Act, Facilities Management, Asset Management, as well as H&S and environmental legislation
- Have a strong knowledge and experience in Data Protection, Risk, Quality and Performance management and regulatory frameworks.
- Have good interpersonal skills with the ability to form relationships with a
- variety of stakeholders
- Have exemplary communication skills, having the ability to be both pragmatic and assertive, whilst achieving consensus from all parties
- Be innovative, able to work on own initiative and to exercise sound judgement
- Be financially and commercially astute
- Have excellent IT skills in Microsoft packages, eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
This full time post is permanent and will require standard recruitment vetting. You will work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Competitive salary and guaranteed allowances
- Annual salary increments
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 28 days annual leave and 6 public holidays on appointment
- Wide range of family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to range of staff associations
- Scottish Police Recreation Association
- Scottish Police Credit Union
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Scottish Police Authority / Police Scotland is committed to positive action in the recruitment and selection of people with disabilities. We guarantee an interview to any applicant who has a disability, as defined under the Equality Act 2010, and who meets the essential criteria for the post. Please regard this as an opportunity to let us help you. Tell us of any aspects which could present difficulties and any suggestions for overcoming these.
RESIDENCY AND ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK
Applicants must be a British citizen, a member of the EU or other states in the EEA, a Commonwealth citizen or a foreign national free of restrictions. You should also have been resident in the UK for a minimum of three years immediately prior to application.
Please visit the Police Scotland Career Site for Job Reference Number – 1550