Business Support Assistant
- Great Michael House, 14 Links Place, EH6 7EZ
- Starting Salary: £24,431
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 35.75 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Joined Up for Business (JUfB) is co-ordinated by Capital City Partnership (CCP) and is a collaborative group of public sector organisations which brings together a range of employer services under one framework, making it easier for businesses to find and access the support they need.
It works on a "no wrong door" approach and offers a bespoke, free recruitment and training service, as well as a business growth support service for SMEs and help businesses to identify funding initiatives that can support across these areas. We also support contractors in meeting their employability-focused community benefits targets across the city.
JUfB directly links with the city’s employability network, Joined Up for Jobs (JUfJ) to create, maximise and simplify access to high-quality employment and training opportunities for Edinburgh citizens.
JUfB also develops and runs a number of employer-led support initiatives, including skill centres around large-scale recruitment opportunities, notably with retail-focused locations Fort Kinnaird, FUSE at St James Quarter and our upcoming MacMillan Skills Hub which will be based within Muirhouse in North-West Edinburgh.
This new post is to support Capital City Partnership’s JUfB team in its employer-focused activities and projects; assisting Edinburgh businesses with recruitment, training, identifying funding incentives and community benefits delivery in line with the Scottish Government’s No One Left Behind (NOLB) framework and Fair Work principles.
The Business Support Assistant will work across all JUfB projects, acting as a central single point of contact for the wider team to help support and coordinate daily activities and projects across the department. This role will have key responsibility for accurately maintaining our CRM system and associated administration to track progress and evidence outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Providing administrative support to the JUfB team across varied projects which include recruitment, training, careers advice, funding streams and community benefits.
- Assisting with the organisation of JUfB projects and activities such as meetings, employer events, job fairs and employability network forums
- Assisting in managing and coordinating JUfB meetings and events such as liaising with guest speakers and attendees, issuing invites, collating presentations etc.
- Processing invoices and updating financial trackers
- Managing and maintaining social media accounts, weekly bulletins, and newsletters
- Coordinating and publishing adverts across social media channels and other promotional avenues
- Monitoring inboxes, actioning requests, or forwarding on to relevant team member
- Diary management, coordinating and booking of premises for meetings, events, training, interviews, and assessments etc.
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as employers, job seekers, and training providers
- Uploading and managing vacancies to online portals and content to the website
- Adding and updating candidate records and registrations
- Logging activities and outcomes on internal systems from employers and candidates
- Accurately maintaining spreadsheets, reports and other documents
- Producing and collating reports from the CRM system
- Collaborating with internal teams to maximise opportunities and efficiency across all CCP strategy and cross-over projects
- Responsible for secretarial support, taking minutes and records of meetings
- Any other ad hoc duties as per business requirements.
- Recent experience in an office administration role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in dealing with customers, clients and/or the public by telephone, email, and MS Teams/Zoom
- Excellent numerical skills and confidence in handling finance-related administration
- Confident in the use of a computer, the internet, search engines and jobs boards
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word and Outlook
- A meticulous approach to record-keeping and recording of information
- Experience in working productively and collaboratively within a team to agreed principles, including working with implementation plans, meeting milestones and deadlines
- The ability to remain motivated and productive whilst carrying out hybrid working
- Qualified in English and Maths to SCQF Level 5 or demonstrate equivalent experience/standard
- Access to a reliable internet connection.
- Previous administration experience within a recruitment context
- Experience in coordinating and planning events
- Previous use of social media and design tools such as Hootsuite, Mailchimp and Canva.
- Opportunity for home/hybrid working.
- Flexible working
- 26 days annual leave, increasing to 31
- 10 public holidays
- Birthday leave
- Employer pension contribution
- Employee assistance programme
- Personal development opportunities.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter in one document to email@example.com, along with our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. The cover letter should state how you meet the job description and person specification in no more than 300 words.
Interviews will take place on the 4th and 5th of May 2023.
CCP operates a flexible working policy. We are open to discussing a full-time or part-time contract for this role with a minimum contract of 21 hours per week.