- Elgin High, Edgar Road, Elgin, Moray, IV30 6UD
- £21,771.75 - £22,261.85 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36.25 hours per week
This position has expired.
To provide a clerical and administrative service within the school.
- To provide a general reception service to members of the public and visitors to the school
- General clerical duties
- Typing/word processing
- Book keeping as required
- Experience of working in a busy office environment using relevant technology and equipment eg photocopier, email, intra/internet.
- Significant clerical/administration/typing experience including production of letter/report, filing, cash handling and dealing with the public.
- Experience of using a range of computer packages including Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Publisher, SEEMiS.
- Four SQA Standard Grades or equivalent (at level 3 or above) including English and Maths.
- Advanced keyboard qualification (RSA II in typing, audio typing, word processing)/ECDL/Clait (or equivalent working knowledge of Microsoft software packages).
- Ability to use initiative when required.
- Flexible in approach and open to different ways of working.
- Self-confidence and self-motivated.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to record information accurately.
- Strong customer care skills and focus.
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Sound knowledge of software packages eg Microsoft Office.
- Ability to demonstrate a high standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Effective organisational skills/time management with the ability to respond to conflicting and competing demands.
- Ability to prioritise workload, in accordance with objectives and targets.
- Ability to relate well with all levels of staff.
- Willingness to accept direction/delegation.
- Appreciation, acceptance and commitment to the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a shared office.
- Flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the service.
- Ability to work in different offices dependent on the service.
Re-advert of MOR07440, MOR07749, MOR07920 - previous applicants need not re-apply
Temporary appointments until 31 March 2024
Closing Date: 10 February 2023
Starting Salary: £21,771.75 (pro rata)
£11.55 per hour
36.25 hours per week (0815-1630 with one day covering an 0800hrs start TBC)
(47 week contract, ie term time working plus balance of days to be worked during school holiday periods)
For further information contact: Elgin High School, 01343 545181